Sweet chestnut pear cream soup with juniper Grissini
For the soup (for 4 people)
- 0.6 kg boiled sweet chestnuts
- 0.2 kg pears
- 100 g pear purée
- 140 g shallots
- 60 ml apple vinegar
- 52 ml white port
- 40 ml honey
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ Vanilla pod
- 1 clove
- 1 kl bayleaves
- 1 star anise
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 0.6 l cream
- Salt, sugar, pepper
- Sweat down the shallots, pears and garlic until they are clear.
- Add the sweet chestnuts and deglaze with apple vinegar and white port.
- Fill up with the vegetable broth and cream.
- Add the remaining ingredients and heat everything for 45 minutes on a low heat.
- Then purée in a standard blender and pass through a sieve.
- Then boil again in a clean pan and season with salt, sugar and a little
For the Juniper Grissini
- 7 g yeast
- 60 g water
- 3 g sugar
- 75 g flour
- 1 tsp rape seed oil
- 5 juniper berries, roasted and chopped finely
Back to overview
- Add the sugar, rapeseed oil and juniper berries into a bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in luke-warm water and add to the flour.
- Knead it all together and season with a pinch of salt.
- Let the dough stand again, then knead it again and pour into a piping bag with a small tip.
- Now pipe out 25cm long strips on baking paper and bake golden brown at 180° C.